Tuesday 17 July 2012

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

I had a feeling the leader thought we were all very experienced riders. She took off in a fast trot and I don't think she slowed down except to go through the river streams. I held on tight to the reins and my camera
We were suppose to go to a glacier but they were having some earthquake activity so we had our choice of going horseback riding or whale watching. We chose horseback riding. I wanted to see the countryside and boy I was not disappointed. 
This little cutey met us at the front door to the barn where we were dressed appropriately in rain gear. Thank goodness, I don't think my wool jacket and jeans would have done the job. After getting dressed we were greeted by our horses. My horse was named Madonna. Eddie's horse was an Icelandic name of which we could not pronounce so he called him buddy.
The group waiting for everyone to mount their horses so we could start our trail ride.
I think this little guy was wondering why he wasn't chosen for the ride. He was not a happy camper as we pulled out.
I had a feeling the leader thought we were all very experienced riders. She took off in a fast trot and I don't think she slowed down except to go through the river streams. I held on tight to the reins and my camera.The rivers are plentiful, everywhere you look and she just kept taking us through one after another. Those horses, thank god, were sure footed and didn't miss a beat as we kept trotting along. Icelandic horses have 5 gaits. I think we diding rain gear

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

Rain gear for horseback riding

 

No comments:

Post a Comment